miércoles, 31 de mayo de 2017

MY GAP YEAR

My gap year will be a volunteering Sri Lanka with an international volunteer abroad organisation. It will take place after batxillerat and before starting the Univerisity. I think it will be good to do it, to relax for a year and to clear my mind for the next one. I will do it with PMGY, a page who helps you a organise your trip. My gap year will last only a month but then I can visit other countries or just relax. 

You will be collected at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo by PMGY’s local coordinator who will be waiting for you at arrivals holding a name sign.
I will get a plane from Barcelona to Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo, and there I will be collected by a PMGY’s local coordinator. Among other activities, I will visit one of the world's largest elephant orphanages, the Iconic Kandy Temple of the Tooth Room and The Cultural Triangle. I will see the famous Kandyan dances, leopards in Yala National Park, chilling on the Mirissa beach, and fishing with sticks in Waligama. 

At the end of the trip I will start my volunteering job at Ambalangoda and join the English teaching projects working in local schools and community education projects. Wildlife, renovation and medical experiences take place in the morning for 3-4 hours and teaching and community programmes take place in the afternoon for 3 hours.

All my accommodation is organised by PMGY. During the travelling I will stay at guesthouses/hotels in the various places we will visit and I will share a room with other travellers. Three meals per day are also included across the whole four weeks of the trip. Most meals are traditional Sri Lankan dishes. All the volunteering is going to cost me £ 849 plus the flights.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario